Design and construction of a new Kmart Tyre & Auto Centre.
Being a Design & Construct (D&C) project, Total Construction co-ordinated all consultants and construction drawings as per the Kmart Tyre and Auto specifications. Throughout the design stage, the project team offered numerous cost and time savings to the client in order to decrease the cost and duration of the project.
The construction methodology was:
- Concrete slab on ground with black oxide in the concrete mixture
- Perimeter walls consisting of 200mm core filled blockwork
- Structural steel used inside the shell for bracing and roof structure
- Mezzanine floor constructed out of steel joists and sheeted throughout
- Office area constructed on the lower floor with amenity areas
- Mezzanine floor was for staff use only
- Showroom fitted out by Kmart Tyre and Auto specialist contractors after handover by Total Construction
There were challenges with the existing council infrastructure and electrical connections. The sewer upgrades had not been completed by a previous contractor, so the approval process for the Kmart connections was delayed. Total Construction’s hydraulic contractor was quick to resolve all the outstanding issues. Rather than halting construction and submitting EOTs, Total Construction re-sequenced the entire program to work around the sewer works.
Simon has broad experience delivering a wide range of commercial and industrial projects. Prior to establishing the Total Construction Queensland office in 2010, he held senior management positions throughout Australia and overseas within international construction and development organisations delivering numerous high-profile projects. He has a thorough understanding of the commercial and technical aspects of construction methodology and possesses exceptional communication skills.