TotalConstruction.com.au has a firm commitment to privacy in accordance with the Guidelines for World Wide Websites issued by the Australian Privacy Commissioner. This statement discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this site.
- Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in Australia.
Use of Information
Collecting Information on Registered Members
- As part of registering with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
- Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Details
- Credit Card details are only stored for the processing of payment and will be deleted once payment is processed.
- Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
- We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- However, we will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Access to Information
- We will endeavor to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
- In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- When you visit this site, our server logs information, which is provided by your browser. This information is used to create summary statistics which allow us to access the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, discover what information is most and least used, determine technical design specifications, and help us make our site more useful to visitors. This information logged is as follows:
- The type of browser you are using;
- The date and time of your visit;
- Your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc); the address of the referring site;
- Your server’s IP address (a number which is unique to the machine through which you are connected to the internet: usually one of your service provider’s machines);
- The address of the pages accessed, and any documents downloaded;
- No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities, unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Governmental Agency or Regulatory Authority. We use the information only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes.
Electronic Mail Address
- We will record your email address if you transmit it to us electronically either in an email or via a web page form. It will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done. We will not disclose it without your consent.
Subscription and Feedback Forms
- Some pages of this web site provide the facility for users to fill out an online form for the purpose of subscribing to a special service or to provide us with feedback about our web site. We will ask you to provide only enough personal information to fulfil that purpose. We will record it to facilitate follow up and for statistical analysis. Only authorised TotalConstruction.com.au staff will have access to this information.
Links to Other Sites
- This site may contain links to other sites. TotalConstruction.com.au is not responsible for the privacy practices of these web sites and has no knowledge of whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. If you have any concerns regarding your privacy you should ensure you are aware of the privacy policies of those sites.
GDPR Compliance – Changes in 2018
- GDPR stand for The General Data Protection Regulation. This EU regulatory ruling came into effect on Friday May 25th, 2018. TotalConstruction.com.au do not market or sell products / services to UK or EU citizens, therefore the GDPR requirements do not apply.
Problems or Questions
- For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner’s web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/
- If you are submitting personal information over the internet, which you wish to remain private, please note that, while all attempts are made to secure information transmitted to this site, users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the internet. If you prefer, you can contact us by phone or mail.
- This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet. While the risk of anyone intercepting and misusing information transmitted by email is usually very low and you should be aware that a determined individual with the right skills might be able to do this.